Saturday, June 19, 2010

Opportunity

- Opportunity is always under our feet. We don’t have to go anywhere. All we need to do is recognize it.
- When people don’t know how to recognize the opportunity, they complain of noise when it knocks.
- The same opportunity never knocks twice. The next one maybe better or worse but it is never the same one.

One day one of my friends complained about his job to me. He said: “I am fed up with my job. I have gotten too tired. I want another job because the current organization doesn’t value my works. Bla Bla Bla… I want to resign.”
Finally, he was asked for a job interview in a big organization where anything he needed was provided to him. He successfully received the job offer after several interviews with high salary. He didn’t agree with the period of contract which was 3 months. He didn’t accept the job offer and continued with his current job until he found a job with the same salary, different position and even worse than his current job. There he came to know that he lost the opportunity. He could have joined that job and the company may have continued the contract with him. He didn’t recognize the opportunity well.

- The same opportunity never knocks twice. The next one maybe better or worse but it is never the same one.

If he was a positive thinker, this opportunity would bring success and progress in his career. He was a negative thinker and thought it would block his way to success.

No comments:

Post a Comment